Beginning on Wednesday, September 13th, New Covenant Presbyterian Church will launch a new study for the Fellowship Groups that meet the 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays (Thursdays for some). There are 12 lessons and the study will run through November.
About this study:
Recently published on July 6th, 2017, Learning to Love the Psalms is a new teaching series by Dr. W. Robert Godfrey who is president emeritus of Westminster Seminary California, a Ligonier Ministries teaching fellow, and author of many books, including Learning to Love the Psalms.
The Book of Psalms is one of the greatest treasures the Lord has given to His people. Through these sacred poems, God has given us a rich songbook and a divinely inspired guide for our prayers. In this teaching series, Dr. W. Robert Godfrey provides an overview of the Psalms with the specific goal of learning to love them through a study of their themes, structure, and beauty.
- Introduction (part 1): Attractions & Difficulties
- Introduction (part 2): Solving Difficulties
- Psalm 11: The Power of Poetry
- Psalm 26 & 39: Peculiar Psalms
- Psalm 49 & 50: All the World & All the People
- Psalm 52: The Psalms & History
- Psalm 77: Questions in Grief
- Psalm 81: The Word at the Center
- Psalms 91 & 93: God is Protector & King
- Psalm 94: Comfort from the Future
- Psalm 127: The Lord’s Beloved
- God is All
Also available for personal purchase is an optional companion book for further study: Learning to Love the Psalms by W. Robert Godfrey
Book Summary: The Psalms are undeniably beautiful. They are also difficult, and readers often come away convinced that tremendous riches remain just beyond their grasp. In this book, Dr. W. Robert Godfrey invites us to journey with him towards a greater understanding and love for these sacred verses. The timeless elegance of the Psalms, their depth of expression, and testimony to the greatness of God have enchanted and edified God’s people for centuries. Learning to Love the Psalms is intended to help today’s Christians share in that delight.