2019 Always Ready Youth Conference
February 2, 2019
9:30am – 3:30pm
Location: 1324 Marion Street, Columbia, Souths Carolina 29201Category: Youth Ministries | Coordinator: David Prussia
Ligonier and Reformation Bible College present to you this year's
Always Ready - a one-day apologetics conference for middle and high schoolers, held at the First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, South Carolina
Christians must always be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in us (1 Peter 3:15—16). We cannot do this, however, unless we know what we believe. This conference will consider the existence of God, the reliability of the Bible, and the exclusivity of Christ to help us better understand and communicate our faith. Panel of speakers will include: Gabe Fluhrer, Stephen Nichols, Derek Thomas, & John Tweeddale.
Schedule SATURDAY, February 2, 2019
9:30—10:15 a.m. — A Reason for Our Hope with Stephen Nichols
Christianity has never defined faith as a blind leap in the dark. We believe in the One whom we cannot see—God the Creator—because He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word, leaving many evidences and reasons for us to trust in Him. This session will remind attendees that there are sound reasons for the hope that is in us, will offer a proper definition of faith, and will encourage believers that we need not fear attacks on the faith because the case for Christianity is strong.
10:30—11:15 a.m. — Workshop Session #1:
- Is the Bible True? with Gabe Fluhrer — Christians have always affirmed that the Bible teaches only the truth, and in every age they have done so in the face of attacks against the truthfulness of Scripture. Because the Word of God is our only infallible authority, we must be prepared to defend our convictions. This session will consider the truthfulness of the Bible and how we can know that it teaches only what is true.
- Is There a God? with Stephen Nichols — Many people assert that there is no God in heaven. They suppress the evidences for God's existence, but as Christians we are called to point unbelievers to the proofs that the Creator is and that He reigns. This session will consider evidences for the existence of God, helping believers to know how to demonstrate to others that God is in heaven and He does whatever He pleases.
- Is Jesus the Only Way? with John Tweeddale — Many people are happy to say that Jesus is one of the many ways to God, but few will confess that He alone can reconcile us to our Creator. However, as Christians we know that there is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved. This session will address the uniqueness of Jesus Christ and defend the truth that faith in Him alone is the only way to eternal life.
11:20 a.m.—12:00 p.m. — Panel Discussion with Gabe Fluhrer, Stephen Nichols, and John Tweeddale
12:00—1:00 p.m. — Lunch Chick-fil-A box lunches
1:15—2:00 p.m. — Workshop Session #2:
- Is the Bible True? with Gabe Fluhrer
- Is there a God? with Stephen Nichols
- Is Jesus the Only Way? with John Tweeddale
2:15—2:45 p.m. — RBC Presentation
3:00—3:30 p.m. — Interview with Derek Thomas
Contact New Covenant Presbyterian's Youth Director: David Prussia, email@example.com for more information. We have a group of youth and adults leaving early Saturday morning for this special one-day youth event. Please keep us in your prayers!