Men's Breakfast and Book Study
Every Tuesday until April 23, 2019
6:00am – 7:00am
Location: Ford Plaza, Omelette Cafe, 10060 Ford Avenue, Richmond Hill, GA 31324Category: Men's Breakfast and Book Study | Coordinator: Bobby Wise
Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham, by Iain M. Duguid
Description: God made Abraham glorious promises, but the patriarch still spent years living in a gap between their fulfillment and his day-to-day reality. We can often relate to him. Working through the Genesis account, Iain Duguid shows how Abraham, in both his faith and failure, points to Jesus and the gospel, providing an example and a profound encouragement for us today.
The men of New Covenant Presbyterian Church encourage you to join in this exciting study. For more information, contact Bobby Wise, email@example.com.
Table of Contents:
- The Preparation of a Saint (Genesis 11:27-32)
- Believing the Unbelievable (Genesis 12)
- Take the Money or Open the Box (Genesis 13)
- In the Days of Good King Abraham (Genesis 14)
- Faith Laying Hold of God (Genesis 15)
- Faith Stumbling (Genesis 16)
- Our Covenant God (Genesis 17)
- God’s Friend (Genesis 18)
- The Titanic Sinks (Genesis 19)
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back (Genesis 20)
- Crossing the Rubicon (Genesis 21)
- Faith Put to the Test (Genesis 22)
- Funeral for a Friend (Genesis 23)
- God Helps Those Who Help Themselves? (Genesis 24)
- The End of the Road (Genesis 25:1-18)
Iain M. Duguid (PhD, University of Cambridge) is professor of Old Testament at Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia.